On line Bat Making Course
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The cost of the course ($3,750.00) includes:
10 WillowBlue English Willow blade components (4 x grade 1, 3 x grade 2, 3 x grade 3, pressed spliced and cut to a rough shape) 10 handles, 10 grips, binding spool and I bat grip cone.
You will learn how to make the bat and finish it by hand.
You will not need machinery of any kind; you can grow your Bat Making enterprise and acquire machinery as you develop and hone your skills.
Re ordering supplies: Minimum order is 10 clefts,
Once you have paid for the course you'll be provide information on where to look for old tools or where you can purchase new ones; such as spoke shaves, draw knives and wood planes
THE COURSE WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING
- Overview of course
- Tools & Equipment required
- Safety and workshop setup
- Introduction to your Tools
- Sharpening & maintenance
- Using your tools
- The Cricket Bat Willow
- Grading the Willow & Preparation.
- Splicing , Fitting & gluing the handle
- Shaping the bat
- Drawing the Blade
- Planning & shaving
- Shaping shoulders & Balancing
- Sanding procedures
- Binding the Handle
- Fitting the grip
- Cosmetic design & finishing applications
- Bat Repairs (facial damage, splits, cracks, binding, pig skin, re handles, split shoulders and reinforcing)